Page 1 of 1

MINI Cooper rattling noise driving me up the wall, help

Posted: September 28th, 2026, 10:06 am
by carlbrooks

I've got a 2017 Cooper S and there's this rattle coming from the front end that I cannot pin down. It shows up mostly on rough roads or when I go over those painted speed humps, sounds like something loose in the suspension. I took it to a general garage and they said everything looked fine and charged me for an inspection which achieved nothing. I'm starting to think I need someone who actually knows these cars because MINIs seem to have their own quirks. I found expert MINI Cooper repair in Musaffah while searching and I'm considering booking with them, but I wanted to see if anyone here has dealt with a similar rattle first. Could it be drop links, control arm bushings, or something with the strut mounts? And is it actually safe to keep driving while I figure it out or am I risking making it worse?